| || |
Computer's card(s) | Total Points: 0
| || |
Your card(s) | Total Points: 0
Romanian Whist - Rules
The Romanian Whist game has the following rules:
- from the standard deck card, only 8 cards for every player are kept (for example, 24 cards when playing with 3 players).
- in order to reach the required number, cards are discarded starting from the lower values (2, 3, 4 and so on).
- with the remaining cards, several rounds are played, according to the pattern 1 - 8 - 1.
- this means 1 card is dealt to each player initially, then 2, 3 and so on, up to 8, and then back towards 1.
- as an exception, the rounds of 1 and 8 repeat in order to allow every player to be the 'dealer' for them.
- each round consists in a estimation phase, where players say the number of tricks they'll make, and a play phase.
- in the play phase, the player to dealer's left plays the first card; others must play a card of the same suit.
- if they don't have a card of the same suit, they must play a trump, otherwise they can put down any card.
- the trick is made by the player with the highest trump (or the highest initial suit if no trump was put down).
- if players estimate correctly the number of tricks, they're rewarded with 5 points + 1 point per trick made.
- otherwise, their score is lowered with the difference between the estimation and number of tricks made.
- the game ends after the last round; the winner is the player with the highest score at the end of the game.
Other online games
Try other Goobix games, sorted by their popularity:
Goobix in BA, CN, CZ, DA, DE, EL, ES, ET, FI, FR, GA, HI, ID, IS, IT, JA, KO, LT, LV, MT, NL, PL, PT, RO, RU, SL, SO, SQ, SV, SW, TL, TR, UK, VI, ZU